Musicians Institute and Schecter Guitar Research have created the Schecter Synyster Gates Guitar Scholarship to assist advanced Heavy Rock and Metal guitarists with their educational development.
The Schecter Synyster Gates Guitar Scholarship, sponsored by Schecter Guitar Research, is awarded each Fall to a student enrolling in the Associate of Arts in Performance (Guitar) program (US or non-US citizen) who demonstrates outstanding musicianship in the Heavy Rock or Metal genre. The scholarship is applicable for students enrolled in the Guitar performance program only, and may not be transferred to “non-performance program” emphases (Audio Engineering, Music Business, Independent Artist, Guitar Craft, or Film) within an AA degree.
- Tuition credit of $2,500.00 ($1,250.00 per quarter for the first two quarters of the program as long as the recipient maintains satisfactory progress)
- A new Schecter guitar
The scholarship details and criteria are as follows:
- One Schecter Synyster Gates Guitar Scholarship will be awarded annually to a new student enrolling in the Associate of Arts in Performance program in the fall quarter (continuing students are not eligible).
- Both US and non-US citizens are eligible.
- Scholarship applicants must have already submitted an Application for Admission by the scholarship application deadline.
- The scholarship may only be applied to the Associate of Arts in Performance (Guitar) Program. Bachelor Degree, Certificate and Non-Certificate enrollments are not eligible.
- The total scholarship amount will be divided into two equal awards of $1,250 each to be credited toward tuition for the first two quarters of enrollment as long as the student maintains satisfactory academic progress.
- Scholarships are non-transferable, and may not be applied to any person, program or enrollment date other than the one for which it was awarded.
- Award recipients will be notified one to two weeks after the final application deadline.
Requirements & Checklist:
- Scholarship Application.
- Submit a video recording (DVD format only) of you performing three (3) diverse songs on your guitar within the Heavy Rock or Metal genre. It is recommended that this include two (2) live ensemble (band or duo performances, and one (1) solo piece.
For Programs Beginning: Fall 2012
Deadline is: August 24, 2012
Please return the above items to:
6752 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
For more information, please visit official website
27 total views, 2 views today
BAGI ANDA YANG SIBUK BEKERJA, TAPI INGIN KULIAH D3 S1 S2 S3