The Swiss Government through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) grants a limited number of scholarships to developing countries, among which Indonesia is included.
These scholarships are offered to Indonesian POSTGRADUATE students wishing to study at a Swiss university. The aim of the scholarship is to enable grantees either to further their education or to undertake research work in the fields in which the universities are particularly active. The intended study should be useful for the development in Indonesia. In principle, the scholarship holders can study at any national Swiss university or Federal Institute of Technology as registered on the page 4.
A candidate should take into account the possibilities offered by Swiss universities. Following programmes are not included in this scholarship:
1. Fine arts and music
2. Undergraduate studies
3. Hotel management studies
4. Student exchange programmes
5. Part-time studies
6. On-the-job studies
7. Correspondence courses
The duration of grant is for the nine-month academic year. Under certain conditions, which are justified by FCS and the related university, the scholarship may be renewed for a second year maximum.
1. Indonesian citizen (priority: applicants reside and have professional career in Indonesia)
2. University degree (min. Sarjana Strata-1/bachelor degree or equivalent)
3. Candidates must be under 35 years old when applying (birth date after December 31, 1974)
4. Sufficient knowledge of one of the official languages in Switzerland (i.e. German, French or Italian), depending on the location of chosen university, and English for some studies. Each candidates will have to undergo a language test at the Swiss Embassy in Jakarta in order to determine the oral and written language ability.
5. Acceptance letter from the chosen university. Before applying the applicants need to contact the professor or direction of the postgraduate programme at the chosen educational institution in order to get a written confirmation of acceptance which must be submitted when filing the application. The requirements to obtain the letter have to be seen in the web site of each universities. Generally the request of the acceptance letter must be completed with a detailed and precise plan of the intended postgraduate study programme, curriculum vitae and certified copies of the university diplomas including academic transcripts. A certified translation is required if the originals are not issued in English, German, French or Italian.
6. Detailed study/research plan and motivation describing clearly and precisely the aim of study. The possibilities offered by the Swiss universities should be taken into account, also the possibilities of professional reintegration when returning to Indonesia
Please note that only applicants who fulfil the above mentioned requirements can obtain scholarship application forms which are available until October 16, 2009. To obtain the forms, the applicants should send a brief request letter or an e-mail which includes this following data and document:
1. Complete name
2. Date of birth
3. Language. Please mention one the official languages in Switzerland which you speak fluently (German, French or Italian, depending on the location of the chosen university).
4. Intended study field and university in Switzerland
5. Written confirmation from professor/university in Switzerland (by e-mail or fax) stating that your study plan is accepted and that you meet requirements and own a suitable academic background to be accepted as a student.
6. Copy of research/study plan
7. Copy of motivation letter
8. Curriculum vitae
9. E-mail address
Please send the request by post or e-mail to the address below:
Embassy of Switzerland
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said, Kav. X 3/2
Kuningan, Jakarta 12950
Web site: http://www.eda.admin.ch/jakarta
The application will be sent only by e-mail. It must be completed and returned together with supporting documents before October 30, 2009.
80 total views, 1 views today