ICFO, in collaboration with the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), is offering a predoctoral fellowship to a well-qualified, highly motivated and dynamic graduate student who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in a friendly and stimulating environment, as well as to obtain a doctoral degree in the Photonics.
The successful candidate will be working at ICFO as part of the theoretical quantum nanophotonics group led by Dr. Darrick Chang. Their research focuses on investigating novel techniques to manipulate quantum light-matter interactions in atomic, nanophotonic, mechanical, and solid-state systems, and advancing theoretical tools to understand these phenomena. Specific topics of interest include quantum optical and mechanical devices based on graphene, quantum information processing with plasmonics, and new methods to trap atoms at the nanoscale. The candidate will be expected to work on creative and ambitious projects in these areas. This work is performed in close collaboration with leading international experimental groups, offering the candidate the opportunity to visit other laboratories and be exposed to state-of-the-art experimental efforts.
Candidates must hold an internationally recognized master?s degree (or evidence of its completion in the near future), preferably in physics. The candidate should have a proven track record of excellence in academics and research. Experience in theoretical quantum optics, nano-photonics, condensed matter physics, and/or quantum information science is highly desired.
Selection of ICFO-UPC predoctoral fellows is based on merit and potential, measured in terms of the academic record and personal achievements. Proactivity, participation in community activities, and capacity for team-work are also taken into account.
There are no restrictions of citizenship.
For application, please submit the following relevant application material:
- A presentation letter with declaration of research interests,
- A Curriculum Vitae, including a full address, a contact phone number and e-mail address and a copy of the passport,
- A scanned copy of your University academic transcripts in English or Spanish,
- A scanned copy of the degree, if available at the time of application,
- The contact e-mail of two potential referees.
- If available, scanned copy of standardized test results (GRE, TOEFL, etc.). Note that submission of test results is optional, but they can be particularly helpful for evaluating candidates with degrees obtained outside the European Higher Education Area.
Note that applications shall be submitted ideally online via official website.
Candidates should be willing to be contacted by phone during the selection process.
Deadline: 31 December 2012
For more information, please visit official website
49 total views, 1 views today
BAGI ANDA YANG SIBUK BEKERJA, TAPI INGIN KULIAH D3 S1 S2 S3