This bequest was made to the University in 1891 to encourage the study of “Arabic, Persian, Hindustani and other Oriental languages”. There is one scholarship available, valued at £6,000 (for one year only). The scholarship may be used to off-set tuition fees or for living expenses.
* Any full-time research degree programme which involves research that requires the use of any Middle Eastern or Asian language.
* Part-time programmes are not eligible. Candidate Criteria
* Applicants intending to commence a full-time research degree in 2012/13 and those who are enrolled in their first year or second year of full-time a research degree programme in 2011/2012 are eligible to apply for the award.
* To be eligible to apply, candidates must at the time of application:
1. be a holder of a first degree of the University of London awarded with First Class Honours or with Second Class Honours, Upper Division, together with a Master’s degree, the latter not necessarily being awarded by the University of London, or
2. be a holder of a Master’s degree of the University of London awarded with a mark of Distinction, but not necessarily a first degree of the University of London in which case there is no restriction as to the classification of the first degree, or
3. be a holder of a Master’s degree of the University of London together with a first degree with First Class Honours, the latter not necessarily being awarded by the University of London.
* Open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
Study Subject(s): Arabic, Persian, Hindustani and other Oriental languages
Course Level: Masters
Scholarship Provider: School of Oriental and African Studies
Scholarship can be taken at: UK
Scholarship Application Deadline: 31 January 2012
Visit Official Website
100 total views, 1 views today