The European Commission will grant a number of scholarships to highly qualified students to participate in the MEME programme. The selection procedure for these scholarships will be carried out by the Admission and Examination Committee of the MEME programme. Each year, a maximum of 18 scholarships will be awarded to participating students; for instance in 2011 there were 9 scholarships for category A students and 8 scholarships for category B students. Because of an EU initiative named “Western Balkans and Turkey Window”, we were able to award one additional scholarships to students from the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo, Croatia and Turkey. This scholarship was awarded as a category A scholarships.
Scholarships for both categories of students will cover all participation costs for the MEME programme, including tuition fee, insurance, language courses and summer schools. In addition, scholarships include the following:
- Category A scholarships: A monthly allowance of € 1,000 and a yearly contribution to travel and installation costs of € 4,000.
- Category B scholarships: A monthly allowance of € 500 and a yearly contribution to travel and installation costs of € 1,500.
The EU requires that we maintain a geographical balance of admitted students that receive a scholarship: no more than two students from a single country may receive a scholarship for the MEME programme.
- University of Groningen
- LMU wiki
- Uppsala University
- Ludwig Maximilians University Munich
- University of Montpellier 2
- Harvard University
European/EEA and non-European/EEA applicants can now apply for the 2012 MEME programme and scholarship.
Please note the deadline: January 15th, 2012 at 12 am CET (Central European Time).
All applicants must:
- Carefully read our admission criteria
- Fill in the PDF application form, Use Acrobat Reader version X to fill in the form. After that prepare an electronic application package, containing the following documents in PDF format (for details on how to name the files , please see the Summary Section below):
- Completed PDF application form. On the form (page 1) you can indicate what you are applying for (tick all boxes that apply to you): 1. MEME programme, 2. scholarship, 3. partial tuition fee waiver (if you are interested to follow the MEME programme with your own funding if not selected for a scholarship, tick this box).
- Copies of certified documents of academic credentials, including diploma and (if available) diploma supplement (including a certified translation if these documents are not in English, French or German). If you do not yet have a diploma, you must provide us with a copy of a certified document that convincingly proves that you will complete your BSc degree before the MEME programme starts in September 2012.
- Academic and professional CV
- Letter of motivation (very important)
- A valid copy of the first page of your passport
- Certification of proficiency in English (please add a scan of the test results to the Application package)
- Send the complete application package to [email protected]. Make sure you receive a confirmation e-mail within 7 days (otherwise, contact us again).
- Send the PDF reference form, to at least two, but preferably three qualified referees, and make sure that they fill it in and send it to [email protected]l, including the name of the candidate in the title of the e-mail. It is the candidate’s responsibility that all referee forms arrive before the deadline. Referees must send their completed reference forms to MEME – the candidate is not allowed to do this.
Only complete Application packages with completed application forms will be considered for selection.
You are welcome to add extra documents with additional relevant information (please see Summary Section below). Please check that you send all documents required above. If you cannot send certain documents yet, please explain this on page 4 of your application form and indicate when we can expect to receive these remaining documents. When your Application package is missing any documents (without explanation), you will receive one reminder email. If you do not react to this email before the deadline, we unfortunately can not take your application into consideration for selection.
For more information, please visit official website.
101 total views, 1 views today